Monday, June 29, 2009

Cool blog stuff

I'm working on some cool blog tricks. In no particular order:

I'll be adding the Google Earth route file daily with each update. This will work just as it did with the cross-country trip. Just click the link and Google Earth will launch. You'll see the route that day along with some of the pictures I took. Download Google Earth to your computer first. Be sure to save the route when you exit Google Earth. (Google Earth will prompt you for this.) Your computer will then capture the entire route as I go along.

The "Subscribe To" link on the right side of the page will allow you to be notified when I make a new post. If you have a my.yahoo page or any of the other subscription services you'll see when I've updated the blog.

I'm also working on doing a blog update from my cell phone. We'll see how that works when posting from Canada. I don't know if the Verizon "can you hear me now" guy has made it to Salmon Arm, Alberta. I guess I'll find out.

If you know of any other little gadgets please pass them along!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Uncle Crampy:

    Your bag arrived here late this afternoon. Looks like your are a strong contender for the bowling ball award. When I said no problem on luggage and when I said don't be short on extra layers of clothes for higher altitudes I was thinking an extra under shirt or so no big deal. I wasn't going to fuss the small stuff. But NO Tom contracted FEDEX to move his bag.

    Glad to have you along Tom it is going to be great ride and I know we are looking forward to it. I am also looking forward to seeing your blog as it is always spectacular.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did your bike get out of customs yet? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom- Reading what you've done so far on the blog reminds us all how fun it is to keep up with you and hilarious accounts of your adventures. You always put a really funny spin on what most of us think is very challenging (and sometimes painful) experiences. Good luck on keeping Uncle Crampy at bay and be safe. I love you. See you in Cincinnati next month for the family reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun and sometimes worrisome when go on a new trek, and the blog lets us know you are okay. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete