Thursday, June 25, 2009

O Canada!

I've been looking for an excuse to create a new blog. The last one, sorebutt.blogspot.com, was dedicated solely to my cross-country bike trip. I don't want to add to it because it's really a self-contained story about that entire trip. So for two years I've thought about creating a new blog but never really got around to it. Now I finally have an excuse.

A week from today I'll be wrapping up day #1 of a 22 day bike expedition across the Canadian Rockies. Here's a Google Map link to the route.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=118195925061037061156.000452ec09036d89c3bbb&z=6

This will be a very different experience than the cross-country trip. This is much more of an expedition. We'll be camping about 2/3rds of the time. Grizzly Bears, Moose, Mosquitos the size of bats, altitude, pitching tents, Rocky Mountain weather... Wait, why am I doing this again?

I fly to Calgary next Wednesday. We roll on Friday. Should be fun!

1 comment: