Thursday, July 9, 2009

Camp life

As I expected yesterday I decided to skip today's ride. The saddle sore is doing better but I didn't want to risk making things worse. Sucks being a grown-up. I think tomorrow i'll give it a go.

Instead I spent the day riding in the R.V. With Agnes and helping with support. The ladies work really hard making this trip possible. I did a bit of pack mule work to ease the load a bit and mostly tried to not mess up their well-oiled machine.

The riders covered 71 miles today with no issues from the local yahoos and generally positive reviews. It killed me to not be out there.

We have the camping portion of the day pretty well down. The riders do dishes after dinner to help out a bit

We're back into canada early tomorrow. Tonight's camp is only a couple of miles from the border. It's a great site run by a little old lady who is quite a character. For $6 a day it's hard to beat.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. Rinding in that RV is much better than your bike, saddle sores or not. I'm glad they are getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's riding. By the way, how do you like sleeping on the ground?

    ReplyDelete