Saturday, July 4, 2009

Paradise, well almost

Still no internet access. I suspect this will be an ongoing problem. Unfortunately I can only do so much with the phone. And I can't do justice to one of the most incredible days i've ever had on a bike.

Today had everything. Views unmatched on any ride i've ever done. The Kananasas Valley is simply remarkable. I've never seen anything like it. We saw bighorn sheep on the road several times today. And postcard mountain views that went on for 60 miles.

The major climb took us to over 7200 feet, two days after leaving sea level. Felt like I was breathing through a straw.

We were chased by weather all day and thought we'd dodged a bullet. The hailstorm, rain and lightning the last 15miles of the ride indicated otherwise. We saw one flash. I started counting...one thousa--BOOM!

This is a ride i'll be telling my great grandkids about. Definitely one for the ages.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Boy do I hope I'm around for that story. If not, you can tell it to my great-grandson.

    You should not be that close to lighting, or were you wearing a rubber riding suit?

    ReplyDelete