Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm back in the saddle again...

After a day of rest I decided to give it a go today. Getting started was a struggle but after I got moving things weren't so bad. I found a comfy position shifted to the right side of the saddle and actually rode pretty strong.



We covered 64 miles today from just south of the border to the town of fort steele. It turned out to be a perfect day for riding. The scenery was spectacular. The wind was at our back. And for the first this trip -- no rain!



Fort Steele is an interesting road-side attraction. Imagine Canada's version of the wild west. Gold mining, indian pacification, frontier life etc. Are all on display. You'll notice me trying to escape from jail.



Today was Frank and Vickie's last day with us. They leave tomorrow to continue their vacation and visit family. It's been great riding with Frank again, and seeing him get to have an incident-free trip.



TMI ALERT! TMI ALERT! TMI ALERT!



I took a look at my saddle sore today after I got out of the shower. I've got a spot about the size of a nickle that is just hamburger meat. Dean helped me re-apply the J&J patch. He's my new favorite person. That's performance above and beyond the call of duty.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

3 comments:

  1. Do you have to marry him now?

    I'm glad you were able to ride again. Keep an I on that sore and don't let it get any worse. I'm sure they have doctors in Canada.Why were you in the jail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! When I read "TMI", I thought you were going to post a photo of your saddle sore. Now, THAT would have been too much info (although strangely interesting....).

    I wish I was in Canada riding with you all. Be safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a good ride today, and that the saddle sore is on the mend. We are moteling it in Chase, just this side of Kamloops. We traversed some exceptionally beautiful country, so I must warn you to prepare for more scenic orgasms. You have some great down hill rides after Roger's Pass. Hopefully you won't run into any more microcephalic pencil dicked monster truckers.

    Many thanks, once again, for the good luck horse shoe.

    Bike safely and give our regards to everybody.

    ReplyDelete