Sunday, July 5, 2009

Google Earth

For those of you who didn't follow along on the cross country trip, let me introduce you to something incredibly cool. Click on the link below. Make sure you've checked the tracks box or you won't see the route, only the pictures. If you don't have Google Earth loaded on your machine you'll need to do that first by going to earth.google.com and following the instructions.

http://tomerceg.googlepages.com/Longview.kmz

What you're seeing is the route I took yesterday through the kananasis valley, along with the pictures I took. Click on a photo icon and you'll see the picture, where it was actually taken. Pretty cool stuff.

This particular tracklog is especially impressive because of the scenery we had yesterday. Have a look and you'll get a sense of just how incredible it was.

When you exit Google Earth will ask you if you want to save the changes to your temporary places. Say yes, and as you click on each day's link you'll build a route of the trip we're all taking.

If you find you're having trouble then send me a note at tom_erceg@yahoo.com and I'll see what I can figure out.

Building these routes is a pretty time-consuming process so I probably won't catch up until we get our first rest day in a few days. In the meantime hopefully this will whet your appetite.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool. Once I figured out how to work it, of course.

    ReplyDelete