Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cast and Crew

This post is long overdue. Since we'll all be hanging out together, either in person or vicariously, I figured introductions were in order. Terry hand-picked the riders he wanted to invite. Some of us rode with him on the the Crossroads cross-country ride. Others he met on the Paris-to-Istanbul trip he did last year. For some reason he deemed me worthy to join the group. No accounting for taste I suppose. From left to right we have



Agnes -- Terry's better half and the ringleader behind the Super Support Staff (SSS)

Xena & Phantom -- The mellowest dogs I've ever seen. I want to come back as them in my next life.

Terry (in red) -- The organizer of this expedition.

Jurg (blue helmet) -- Part of the Paris contingent. He flew in from Switzerland.

Me (leaning on bike for those who don't know me) -- your intrepid reporter

Don (red jersey) -- A local friend of Terry's who joined us for day 1.

Vickie (black sweater) -- Frank's better half and part of the SSS

Frank (blue helmet) -- Veteran of the cross-country trip. Frank and Vickie are riding the first week of the trip, unless we can convince them to stick around longer.

Rita (white top) -- Carl's better half and part of the SSS.

Jennifer (blue jersey) -- Terry's running coach and our lone female rider

Dean (red jersey) -- Jennifer's husband and riding partner

Carl (seated) -- Rita's husband and Paris vet. They are from Johannesburg but now call London their home

Sondra -- Jim's better half and the final member of the SSS.

Jim -- Vet of the cross-country tour and the Paris trip. I think Jim is the instigator behind a lot of what Terry does, but he'd claim that I have that backward.

This is a great group of folks. Terry only picked riders he liked. I have to say, he did a great job.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are in some very good company. I'm proud that you were included and I'm sure they will be glad you joined them.

    Ride safe tomorrow Joe Joe.

    ReplyDelete